LEGO® Club: Lego Club is based on Lego ® – Based therapy which was devised by Daniel B. LeGoff in the USA. During Lego Club pupils build a ‘model’ together with each person having a specific role within the group: an ‘engineer’, a ‘supplier’ or a ‘builder’ and together follow pictorial instructions to build a model.
The groups help to develop a number of social and communication skills including:
- shared attention and listening skills
- understanding language concepts & following instructions
- developing spoken language skills
- working as a team, sharing and taking turns
- joint problem solving
- social interaction with peers & shared enjoyment