We are very proud to announce that we have gained Teaching School Status. Teaching Schools are outstanding schools that work with others to provide high-quality training and development to new and experienced school staff. They are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
- There are over 600 teaching schools across the country making significant improvements in the quality of teaching, leadership and attainment.
- They support other schools through:
- Co-ordination of school-to-school support. Working with a school or academy in challenging circumstances to bring about improvement.
- Support of under-performing schools and academies.
- Leaders are working to improve the quality of teaching and leadership where it is most needed.
- Use the services of system leaders to provide support to other schools e.g.:
- Middle and senior leaders working as specialist leaders of education
- Headteachers working as local and national leaders of education
- Chairs of Governors working as national leaders of governance
- Identifying and developing leadership potential
- Development of future headteachers
We are allocated funding to support:
- School-led initial teacher training
- Access to outstanding lessons and teachers for observation and planning
- Coaching and mentoring
- Quality assurance
- Co-ordination of initial teacher training with professional development opportunities
- Continuing professional development with a range of professional development opportunities for teachers and school support staff, extending your strong learning culture to schools you work with.
As a Teaching School we will be delivering on the following areas due to our expertise:
- Learning Support to raise standards
- Speech & Language
- Assessment for children with SEN
- Wellbeing – Play Therapy